Smells like all things gorgeous!

Monday 21 February 2011

Book Review: Beauty Rules by Bobbi Brown


I bought this for my friend's 15th birthday as she has previously had other Bobbi Brown books, and after having flicked through it, I am in two minds.I have to say, although it's a nicely presented book, the information is very basic, much like the earlier Bobbi Brown book. I know it is aimed at Teens, but it is also marketed for those in their twenties.
It's not so much the content, more the way the information is written - it can be very patronising at times.


However, it is a lovely book. It is huge and contains alot of information. It also has a section for mothers, and also a section on "real-life" prom make up case studies, which I think is quite cute.
As it is such a large book, I'm sure if i'd read it from page to page i'd be able to give you a MUCH more detailed review. But of course it's a gift.
I am considering buying it for myself as I am intrigued by little things I've seen (one particular picture where there is some gastly green and white eyeshadow left unblended, and Bobbi says "she still looks good).
P.S. there is a foreword by Hilary Duff - in case that makes a difference to some people.


It all depends on the person really - in terms of layout and presentation and amount of info 10/10.
In terms of the quality of information, no more than 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment